Today we would like to talk about Red Bell Sweet Pepper. The Red Bell Pepper is very popular here in the USA for many different reasons.They have a sweet taste, they are big and bright red , they look so good in any way you add them to any meal. They are great in salads, stir fry, pizza, stuff peppers, pot roast, vegetable soup, just to name a few ways to prepare them.There are hundreds of good recipes out there you can use with this good sweet tasting Red Bell Sweet Pepper.
1. Beautiful dark red.
2. Sweet taste
3. Great for color in so many recipes.
They are so easy to raise, and if you do choose to raise Red Bell Pepper you will be happy you did. Here are some things that we hope will help you.
1. There is a lot of seed company that sell Red Bell Sweet Pepper plants and seeds. We
recommend ( Bonnie ) Bonnie Plants and Seed Co. has been in business since 1918. There are a lots of companies out there that just as good plants and seeds. If you are buying a plant make sure it has a dark green healthy looks with no wilted leaves.
2. Good Garden Soil, is so very important if your soil does not look dark and rich, you can add some compost and some aged manure, add 3 inches of compost and 3 inches of aged manure, mix it all up well together, mix down in to the soil about 8 to 9 inches is the best. A big money saving tip, if you go to your local farmer he will probably give you all the aged manure you want, ( Free ) most all farmers are very kind and always willing to help others, and they are glad to get rid of the manure too. The farmer near us even took his tractor and loaded our pick-up full, 3 scoop with his big tractor and we had a big load of the best all natural organic fertilizer money can buy for ( Free ).
3. Full sun 6 to 8 hours.
4. Plant deep 1/3 of plant under soil.
5. Spacing in rows 18" inches apart.
7. Fruit size 4.5"x4
8. Maturity: 70-80 days
Hope we have been some help here today, and we hope that you all will be back here tomorrow with us on Garden The Easy Way, until then Good Gardening Always Ken & Marilou.