It is very easy to raise Green Onions, this is all you need to do:
1.Good soil. If your soil has any red clay in it or if your soil packs down after a rain or after you water it, you will need to mix in some good grade of garden soil mix. We recommend natural organic fertilizer cow or horse manure, just mix it up well in your soil. It works great in your green onion bed. In our green onion bed that is all we use.
2. After you have worked up your soil, level it off with your garden rake and you are ready to plant your green onions.
3. You will need to pick up some green onions bulbs, you can get them at any green house or Walmart store. Green onions bulbs come in 2 main colors, white and yellow, they both are very good. But we prefer white over the yellow. Green onions bulbs are so easy to plant.
4. After your green onion bed is worked up well and leveled out, make your rows across your onion bed about 1-inch to 1-1/2 inch deep. Put your green onion bulb roots in the soil, space your green onion bulbs about 2 to 3 inches apart. Cover well and just leave the pointed tips out of the soil.
5. Water well after planting. Green onions love a lot of water, never let them dry out. You will have your fresh green onions in about 1-1/2 to 2-weeks. If you wish you can plant extra green onions, they are great to cook with, just wash well and let dry and chop them up then put them in a freezer bag and put in the freezer.
- Well that's it for today. We hope we shared something to you all about how to plant green onions. Until tomorrow here in Garden The Easy Way. Ken & Marilou