Today we would like to talk about All America Selections Winner Sweet Banana Hybrid Pepper, it is a good looking pepper, it is light yellow in color and shape like a banana, and can grow up to 6 inches long. Sweet Banana Hybrid Pepper has a sweet and juicy taste. Great for the dinner table, lots of ways to prepare them, wash and chil in the refrigerator and set out for dinner table, good in any meal, or salad, stir fry, soups, pot roast, to name a few.
There are a lot of seed and plant company out there but the one we use the most is (Bonnie) they have been in the plant and seed business since 1918.
The Bonnie Sweet Banana Hybrid Pepper is easy to raise, but there are something that are very important things you need to remember.
1. We recommend to plant (Bonnie) if you can.
2. Make sure you have good rich soil in your garden, if your soil does not look dark and rich add some compost and some aged manure, just add 3 inches of compost and 3 inches of aged manure, mix it all up well togather, down under the soil about 7 to 8 inches is best. Good money saving tip, if you go to your local farmer he will probably give you all the aged manure you want for ( Free ) most of the farmers are happy to get rid of the manure, and you will have the best natural organic fertilizer that money can buy for ( Free ).
3. Plant in full sun 6 to 8 hours.
4. Plant deep 1/2 of the plant under the soil.
5. If planting in row space 18 inches apart.
6. Water well often, never let the soil dry out. Extra water when plant has peppers on it.
7. Fruit size: 6 inches x 1.5 inches.
8. Maturity: 75 days after planting.
If you plant the Sweet Banana Hybrid Pepper, you will be glad you did.
Well that is it for today, we hope to be back here tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way, we hope you all can join us, until then Good Gardening from Ken & Marilou.