Good day to you all, this is Ken and Marilou with you all on Garden The Easy Way.
Today Marilou and I would like to tell you about another tasty vegetable soup recipe. We found a recipe close to this one and we make some changes to suit our taste, and it is so delicious, we hope you all like it. That is the thing about vegetable soup, if there is a vegetable you don't like leave it out. We call our new vegetable recipe ( Elliott's Vegetable Soup ).
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 large onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 quarts beef broth or chicken broth
5 carrots, finely diced
4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
3 turnips, finely diced ( optional )
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. thyme
2 29 oz. can tomatoes, pureed
2 cups of frozen corn
2 cups of frozen green beans
2 cups of frozen peas
1 big head cabbage finely chopped
2 cups soup pasta
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
1. Saute onions and garlic in olive until lightly golden. Stir in beef broth or chicken broth, green beans, carrots, celery, turnips and any hard vegetables such as potatoes. Add celery seed and thyme.
2. Simmer for half an hour, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in pureed tomatoes, peas, corn and cabbage.
4. Simmer for another 15-20 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Servings: 9-12 serving depending on portion
Variations: Any kind of vegetable that you prefer can be substituted. 1-2 cups of shredded cooked beef or ham may be added during the last 15 minutes.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.