Hello and welcome back here today, this is Ken and Marilou with you on Garden The Easy Way.
We told you all how to plant strawberries in your garden, and how to take care of them, we also shared with you how to make strawberry jam.
Today we have another special treat to share with you all, and when you use your fresh garden strawberry it will be delicious.
Today, Marilou and I are going to tell you how you make a delicious smoothie that is healthy and fat-free. We found this " Strawberry Smoothie " recipe on the Internet, and had to share it with you all.
How To Make A Strawberry Smoothie
Healthy, fast and fat-free, the strawberry smoothie is a perfect choice when berries are in season. This recipe serves four.
Things You'll Need:
8 oz. cold water
4 tbsp. honey
25 medium strawberries
1/2 cup crushed ice
1. Wash and hull strawberries.
2. Put strawberries, honey and water into a blender.
3. Add crushed ice.
4. Blend until smooth; pour into tall glass and serve.
Tips & Warnings:
1. Add some lemonade or a small amount of lemon juice if the drink is too sweet.
2. Add 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses to boost your iron intake.
3. Add 1 tbsp. brewer's yeast to increase the protein in the drink.
4. Add 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil if you need more omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Add 1 tsp. bee pollen for extra amino acids.
6. Some people are allergic to bee pollen or other add-ins. Follow package directions carefully or consult your doctor if you have questions.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.