Welcome back here today on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken and Marilou, we hope you all are having a good day.
Today we would like to talk about Cabbage, if you have been following our blog you already know what we were talking about how good cabbage is for our health, and how delicious it is.
We have a very good recipe to share with you all today, it is quick and easy to prepare and it is so very delicious, you and your family will love it. We call it ( Elliott's Steamed Cabbage Special ).
1 large head of cabbage
6 slices of bacon
2 large carrot (grated)
2 large tomatoes
1 large green bell pepper
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
1. First, fry the bacon then set aside.
2. Chop or cut the cabbage.
3. In a frying pan put 1 tbsp. of oil and saute the chopped garlic and tomatoes.
4. Then add the chopped cabbage in the frying pan with hot bacon drippings.
5. Add 1 cup of water, salt and pepper, cover and turn heat down to simmer.
6. Stir occasionally and do not let cook dry. When almost done add the carrots and bell peppers cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Drain well and add the crumbled bacon.
* You can adjust the amounts you cook according to the number being served.
* Serve it while it's hot.
Makes: 6-8 servings depending on portion size.
( ENJOY! )
Well That's it for today, we hope to see you all here tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.