Good day to you all and welcome back here today with us, this is Ken and Marilou on Garden The Easy Way.
Today w would like to talk about Radishes, they are many different varieties of radishes, lots of different colors and different shapes and sizes. Radishes are excellent source of Vitamin C.
Radishes are one of the fastest growing vegetables in the garden. Radishes do not like hot weather, the ideal weather is around 70 to 75 degrees.
Radishes do best if planted in early spring they will thrive in the cooler weather, from 55 to 75 degrees. They are a very fast growing vegetable, and will grow in just about any kind of soil.
How To Plant:
1. Radishes like 6 to 8 hours of sun.
2. Never plant in a low spot, if you get a lot of rain your garden will be under water, you will have to replant.
3. Work your soil up very well, down to 6 inches using your garden tiller or your garden shovel and rake.
4. If your soil does not look dark and rich in color, you can add about 2-3 inches of compost, work up your soil well, make sure it is mixed up well.
5. Take your garden rake and level the soil. You can plant radishes in rows in the garden or plant them in a bed by it self. After leveling your soil, use your garden hoe to make the rows.
6. The seeds are small, and they should not be planted no deeper than 1/2 inch. use your hands and gently cover the seeds, making sure all the soil clods are broken up and no rocks are on your seed.
7. After your seed come up in about 5 to 10 days, thin to spacing 2 to 3 inches.
8. Radishes are ready to harvest in about 20 to 40 days, depending on the one you choose to plant.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way, until then this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.