Hello! and welcome back here today on Garden The Easy Way, This is Ken and Marilou.
Today we would like to talk about one of the most popular soup there is, and just about every one like it. Tomato Soup, it is so good, but did you know if you just take your time you can make your very own homemade tomato soup. You can put in what you like the most and leave out what you do not like, and when you get your homemade tomato soup done, it will not be just good it will be delicious. We call our homemade tomato soup, " Elliott Home Made Tomato Soup ".
4 tbsp. of butter
1 large onions, finely chopped
7 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of milk
4 cups of tomato juice
2 ( 28 oz.) cans of crushed tomatoes,if you do not have your own fresh garden tomatoes, you can buy in cans in store
4 tsp. of sugar
1/2 tsp. salt ( or to taste, we use seasoned salt )
Parmesan cheese ( optional )
black pepper to taste
1. In a bowl combine 3 cups of tomato juice with crushed tomatoes and milk.
2. In a saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
3. Add in onion, saute until softened about 3 minutes.
4. Add in garlic, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
5. Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
6. Slowly add in the tomato/milk mixture whisking constantly to remove any lumps; bring to a boil stirring frequently until bubbly and thickened, then season with sugar, salt and pepper (the mixture will be quite thick). If you find that the soup is too thick for your liking you may thin out with V-8 tomato juice for the best flavor.
7. Reduce heat to low, add in remaining 1 cup of tomato juice ( or more ) and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour (can simmer longer if desired, if the soup is still too thick for your liking add in more tomato juice and keep seasoning with salt and pepper if needed during cooking).
8. Ladle into bowl then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons if desired.
Elliott's Homemade Tomato Soup, Oh So Delicious!!!
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.