Good day to you all and welcome back here today on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken & Marilou.
Today, we have a very good recipe to share with you all, and we hope you will try it. We are talking about Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, it really is very delicious. We share with you yesterday on the blog about how to plant pineapple, so we thought we should give you some good recipes, we found this recipe on the Internet. Hope you will enjoy this good recipe on Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
" Pineapple Upside-Down Cake "
* 2 tsp. plus 1/4 cup softened butter
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 8 oz. canned pineapple-drained
* 6 maraschino cherries-halved
* 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 2/3 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 2 tsp. finely chopped or grated lemon zest
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 2 tbsp. lemon juice
* Cake Pans
* Electric Mixer
* Mixing Bowls
( Preparations: )
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt 2 tsp. butter in a 9-inch round cake pan.
3. Stir in the brown sugar and 1 tbsp. water.
4. Arrange the pineapple (cubes or slices) and cherries evenly in the pan, in any design you like.
5. Set the pan aside.
6. Stir the flour, sugar and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl.
7. Add milk and the remaining butter, along with the egg and the vanilla.
8. Add the lemon zest, cinnamon and lemon juice.
9. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are basically combined, then beat on medium speed for about a minute.
10 Transfer the batter into the pan containing the pineapple. Be careful that you don't disturb your fruit design.
11. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
12. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
13. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan and turn over onto a plate.
14. Serve warm.
( Tips & Warnings: )
A. Try using fresh instead of canned pineapple, or use a fruit besides cherries; strawberries, blackberries and figs are all tasty possibilities.
B. Garnish the top of the cake with crushed pineapple or a pineapple spread.
C. Allow the cake to cool before attempting to remove it from the pan. If you don't, the cake may stick.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.