Good day to you all today, this is Ken and Marilou with you on Garden The Easy Way.
Today, we are going to talk about Peaches and Peach Trees and how easy it is to have your very own peach trees. Peaches are probably the most popular fruit to eat of most people, because they are truly delicious fruit.
There are some parts of the country that peach trees will not grow. The best zones to grow peaches in the USA are zones 5 to 9, you can buy different kind of peaches, and pick out the one kind of peach you think taste the best and save the pits. just put them in a plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to plant.
There are some things to keep in mind when you plant Peach Tree.
1. Always remember you are planting a peach tree, and where you put it, it will be there for quite a few years, so keep that in mind.
2. Peach Trees like full sun, and need room to grow and branch out. Plant in the fall.
3. before planting work up your soil well, picking out all the rocks, tree roots and grass roots. Dig down 24 inches and 36 inches across, in a circle you will plant the peach pit in the center of the circle.
4. Plant your peach pits 4 inches deep in the soil and plant them in a row. Mark the rows, mulch them and water well after planting. Never let your peach trees dry out for long period of time.
( ENJOY YOUR PEACHES!!!)
TIPS & WARNINGS:
* Peach pits have a greater chance of germinating if you crack the outside of the pit before planting. Be careful not to damage the seed inside. If the seed is damaged, it will not germinate. Vise grips work well for cracking open the pit without damaging the seed.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou, wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.