Hello! and we welcome you all back here today on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken and Marilou.
Today we have a very delicious Peach Cobbler to share with you all, the name is " Grandma's Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler".
( ENJOY ! )
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup cold water
5 pounds fresh peaches-peeled, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and salt. Work in the shortening with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and cold water. Sprinkle over flour mixture, and work with hands to form dough into a ball. Chill 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll out half of dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish, covering bottom and halfway up sides. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. In a large saucepan, mix the peaches, lemon juice, and orange juice. Add 1/2 cup butter, and cook over medium-low heat until butter is melted. In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cornstarch; mix into peach mixture. Remove from heat, and pour into baked crust.
4. Roll remaining dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Cut into half-inch-wide strips. Weave strips into a lattice over peaches. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top crust is golden brown.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.