Welcome back here today on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken and Marilou.
Yesterday we shared with you how to plant and grow cherry trees, so you could have your very own cherries, well today we want to share with you how to make a good USA cherry pie. I think if you would ask 500 people here in the good old USA what is their favorite pie, at least 350 of them would say that sweet bright red beautiful cherry pie. Yes it is so very beautiful and delicious and here is how you make it.
( ENJOY ! )
* 5 cups fresh pitted cherries
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1 to 2 tbsp. butter
* Pie crust
1. Pit the cherries. If you don't have a cherry pitter, cut a circle around each cherry with a knife and pull it apart with your fingers to remove the pits.
2. Mix sugar and cherries in a large bowl and leave standing for 20 minutes.
3. Mix flour into the cherry and sugar mixture. Pour into pie shell.
4. Cut up small bits of butter and place them in the filling.
5. Top the filled pie shell with a lattice crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cooking time may vary by 5 minutes. In high altitudes, bake at 400 degrees.
6. Cool the pie on a wire rack and serve at room temperature.
TIPS & WARNINGS:
* Let set and cool down 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
* You can serve with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.