Good day to you all today here on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken and Marilou.
We shared with you all, how to plant and grow your very own peach trees, so you can have your fresh peaches, but today we have a very good recipe. we have a delicious Peach Pie Recipe!
( ENJOY ! )
Things You Will Need
* unbaked pastry dough for a double-crust, 12-inch pie
* 6-7 c. peeled, sliced fresh peaches ( about 3 1/2 to 4 lb. )
* juice of 1 lemon
* 1/2 sugar to 1 cup to taste
* 4 tbsp. flour
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
* 3 tbsp. butter, cut up
* 2 egg beaten with 1 tbsp. water
* Pastry Brushes
* 12 inch pan
* Rolling Pins
1. Have unbaked pastry dough ready- it should be refrigerated at least 20 minutes and can even be made the day before and kept chilled.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Toss peaches lightly in a bowl with lemon juice, sugar, flour and spices.
4. Sprinkle a little more flour onto your work surface.
5. Divide the dough into balls, one slightly larger than the other. Roll out the larger ball into a circle about 1/8-inch thick and a bit larger than the pan.
6. Transfer the rolled dough to the pie pan- it's easier to lift if you drape it over the rolling pin first. Don't stretch the dough to fit in the pan.
7. Trim the edges to a 1-inch overhang. Add the peaches to the dough-lined pan, piling them up slightly in the center. Dot with the cut-up butter.
8. Roll out the other dough ball into a circle about 1/8-inch thick. Place it on top of the peaches and trim the edges to a 1-inch overhang.
9. Fold the top crust over the lower crust and press them together with your fingers. Crimp the edges decoratively, then cut a few vents in the top crust to let steam escape.
10. Brush the egg-water mixture onto the top crust. It will form a shiny glaze as the pie bakes.
11. Place the pie in the oven and bake 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes.
TIPS & WARNINGS:
* Peaches can vary in sweetness, so feel free to vary the amount of sugar to taste.
* To peel peaches easily, drop them into boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove them to a bowl of ice water. The skins should come off easily.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again tomorrow on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou, wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.