Hello, and welcome back with us today on Garden The Easy Way, this is Ken and Marilou. On our last blog we shared with you how to plant apricot trees, and how to grow the delicious apricot !
Apricots are so delicious to eat fresh off the tree, but when you have your own tree or trees you will have so many apricots you will need to do something with them all, You can give a lot of them away, or if you like apricot Jam and Jelly with your morning toast you can, make it your self it is very easy to do!
Today we would like to share with you how to make a delicious apricot jelly ! Most recipes always want you to put a lot of sugar in your jams and jelly but if your fruit is sweet you can, cut back on a lot of that sugar, as we all know too much sugar is not good for us. Another good thing about making your own jam or jelly you can put as much or as little sugar as you want ! We hope you like this apricots jelly recipe. Enjoy !
7 cups peeled pitted chopped apricots
2 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups sugar
2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid pectin
1. Combine apricots and water.
2. Over medium heat bring mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer gently for 5 minutes.
4. Take pan off heat; skim and let set 30 minutes.
5. Sieve the apricots and strain juice from pulp (use pulp in apricot jam).
6. Line sieve with 4 layers of clean damp cheese cloth.
7. Strain; cover the juice and refrigerate overnight.
8. Ladle the juice from container, being careful not to disturb the sediment from bottom using 3 cups of juice.
9. To make the jelly, combine juices when they are warm add sugar.
10. Stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, bring to a rolling boil.
11. Pour pectin in, bring to a rolling boil again, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
12. Remove pan from heat; skim off foam.
13. Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
14. Water bath for 15 minutes.
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again on Garden The Easy Way. Until then, this is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.