Hello! We hope you are having a good day today, this is Ken and Marilou from Garden The Easy Way.
We shared with you on our last Garden The Easy Way blog, how to plant and grow your own Blackberries. Today we would like to share with you how to make a delicious Blackberry Pie. Blackberry Pie is for sure one of everyone favorites Pies.
I can remember back as a boy, when we would pick wild Blackberries, we always ask Mom to make a Blackberry Pie, you know yet today nothing is better than a big slice of blackberry pie with a glass of milk. Enjoy !
Blackberry Pie ( How To Make )
Things You Will Need:
* 5 cups of blackberries
* 1/2 cup flour ( whole wheat )
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 deep dish pie shells for the top of Pie
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. Combine the blackberries, flour and sugar. Mix well until there is no white coating on the berries.
2. Put the berries in a deep dish pie shell and cover with a second pie shell. Crimp the edges of the top pie shell to secure to the bottom shell.
3. Brush the top pie crust with milk. Sprinkle it with brown sugar.
4. Bake the blackberry pie in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Other Options:
* You brush the bottom of the pie crust with egg white before adding the blackberries to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
* You can also add a few tablespoons of butter on top of the berries before putting on the top crust for a more buttery flavor.
Tips & Warnings:
* If you are using frozen blackberries make sure that the berries are well thawed before making the pie.
* The pie is best made with freshly picked wild blackberries, but tame blackberries also make a very delicious pie too !
Well that's it for today, we hope to talk here again on Garden The Easy Way. This is Ken & Marilou wishing you all Happy Gardening Always.